Become a certified lifeguard
Even with cooler temperatures in the forecast, now is the time to start thinking about becoming a lifeguard next summer at the Buckeye Aquatic Center.
Certified lifeguard classes, which include First Aid and CPR/AED training from the American Safety and Health Institute, begin Dec. 2.
- Minimum age is 15 (Must be 16 years old to work for the city of Buckeye)
- Swim 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes, legs only
- Retrieve and swim 20 yards with a 10 pound weight
Attendance is mandatory for all classes and participants must come prepared to swim at each class session. The certification is valid for one year and awarded upon successful completion of both a skills test and written exam. No refunds for failure to pass the final exams.
All classes take place at the Buckeye Aquatic Center, 207 N Ninth Street.
Hours: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Price: $125 Residents, $150 Non-residents
- Thursdays, Dec. 2 through Sunday, Dec. 29
- Mondays, Mar. 9 through Thursday, Mar. 12
- ($35 is non-refundable if participant does not pass pre-water skills test)
This is a great opportunity to receive lifeguard certified from industry- leading training, StarGuard® certification program.